MARRIOTTS PROPERTY LLP’s PROCEDURE FOR COMPLAINTS HANDLING
If you have a complaint, then this note sets out the procedure that we will follow in dealing with that complaint.
- A person has been appointed in this office to deal with complaints and you should not hesitate to contact him. His details are set out below: Andrew Brown MRICS FAAV of 9 Market Place, Faringdon, SN7 7HL. Telephone: 01367 242422
- Where your complaint is initially made orally, you will be requested to send a written summary of your complaint to the above named person.
- Once we have received your written summary of the complaint we will contact you in writing within seven days to inform you of our understanding of the circumstances leading to your complaint. You will be invited to make any comments that you may have in relation to this.
- Within twenty one days of receipt of your written summary, the person dealing with your complaint will write to you in order to inform you of the outcome of the investigation into your complaint and to let you know what actions have been or will be taken.
- If the complaint has still not been resolved to your satisfaction and the complaint refers to a business to business complaint, then we agree to the referral of your complaint to the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR) whose details are:
The International Dispute Resolution Centre
70 Fleet Street
Tel: 020 7536 6060
Fax: 020 7536 6061
If you are a consumer client and we have been unable to resolve your complaint then we agree to the referral of your complaint to Ombudsman Services Property whose details are:
The Property Ombudsman Ltd
Milford House, 43-55 Milford Street, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP1 2BP
Tel: 01722 333306
Please note the following:
You will need to submit your complaint to The Property Ombudsman within 12 months of receiving our final viewpoint letter, including any evidence to support your case. The Property Ombudsman requires that all complaints are addressed through this in-house complaints procedure, before being submitted for an independent review.
Please note this Complaints Handling Procedure also includes any complaint in connection with insurance services. If a complaint is upheld against Marriotts Property LLP our clients are protected by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors’ Client Money Protection Scheme.